MATHMOD 2018 features two type of presentations: oral presentations in regular and minisymposium sessions, and poster presentations. When preparing your presentation, please take into account the following important points:
Oral presentation in regular and minisymposium sessions
- The scheduled time for each oral presentation is 20 minutes (17 minutes presentation plus 3 minutes discussion). In order to allow the conference attendees to change between parallel sessions, the session chairs are advised to strictly stick to the time frame.
- The expected language of your slides and your oral presentation is English.
- You are asked to use your own laptop for your presentation. In all conference rooms, beamers with 4:3 width-to-height ratio and VGA input ports are available. You are kindly asked to take care of adapters you might need to connect to VGA port. In case, you cannot bring your own laptop, it is possible to use a standard laptop (Windows operating system, USB port for file transfer) available in each room. However, here only the compatibility with pdf-files can be guaranteed.
- In order to check your presentation equipment and to get in contact with the session chairs, you are kindly asked to arrive at the session room approximately 10 minutes before the start of your session.
- For each poster, space of one A0-size poster (841×1189 mm) is available. To ensure a good visibility of your poster you are kindly asked to use the full A0-size (please do not prepare posters smaller than A1-size). The expected language of your poster is English.
- You are asked to install your poster at least 10 minutes before the start of the poster session.
- Discussion of your poster with the conference attendees is an important part of the poster session. Thus, we kindly ask you to be present at your poster throughout the entire poster session.